Search This Blog

Necklace with lace ornaments

Hello everybody,
Since I had this beautiful lace at home, I wanted to do something with it, because I have less then half a metre, which is too small for any sewing project. I originally bought it for a pair of earrings for a birthday present, which you can see here.
So I decited to make a necklace and make sort of a tutorial on how to make it.
If you want to try this or something similar you´ll Need:
  • some beautiful lace
  • Wood glue
  • fabric colour (optional)
  • various beads
  • thin chain+ a lobster clasp
  • wire (optional)
  • round nose pliers
  • wire cutter
  • needle and thread
First I cut out these two ornamtes from the lace and then stiffened it it with an equal amount of water and wood glue and let it dry for a couple of hours. While it was wet I painted the edges very lightly with blue fabric colour.
 
 

 
Then I picked all the pearls and beads I wanted in this necklace and arranged them in and around the lace ornaments. I picked some white fake pearls with a natural shape and some silver beads. Then charm didn´t end up in the final necklace.
 
 
 Then I sewed the tiny beads on by hand, you can sew the lace just like any other stiff fabric and I also sewed the beads in the gaps in the middle, I did that by making two stitches in the lace, put the bead on the thread and stiched two times on the other side, this was a very fiddly work, so be patient.


The next step was to cut a chain in the length, you want the necklace to be, cut it in half again and then cut two smaller pieces from the very same chain. I also cut to pieces of silver wire.  


I made a tiny loop, with a round-nose plier in each wire piece and put the long part of the chain into this loop and closed it completley, so nothing can slip out, then I put another pearl and bead on the wire and made a loop on the other side, where I attached the smaller chain part.

 
Here is a picture of the finished necklace, overall I am happy with it, altough I think it´s missing something, maybe and additional chain, that goes from the ornamet to the beads on the side.
 

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed it
If you want to see more,  just follow me ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment